Hi, I am Kimberly Jones, your friendly ALE teacher. This is my 7th year teaching Alternative Education and my tenth year at the Clarksville School District. I earned my BGS from University of the Ozarks and my MSE from Arkansas State University. My husband is the Art teacher at the Primary School. We have one son, who is in first grade.
I hope that we can get to know each other better in order to provide your child with the best education. It truly does take a village to raise a child and make a good citizen.
Your student will be expected to be ready for school each morning, on time and with all the work and materials needed. Education is very important and learning sacred, therefore I expect full effort from the whole family to support the student, the school, and teachers.
As an Alternative Education student, he or she will have goals both academic and social/behavioral to achieve. Students will be evaluated on a nine week basis. Please make sure to stay in close contact so that we can work together as a team for student success.
Students in my class are expected to work very hard and to always do their best. I have high expectations for myself and my students. Please make note of the following expectations.
1. Students will read for a minimum of 30 minutes every evening. This will give them the practice necessary for life long reading.
2. Students will have practice work, studying for tests, or interviewing every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights and should last about 15-30 minutes.
3. Students need to have their planners and other informative papers read every night. Please ask your student if they have something to show you.
4. Please keep up to date on all schedules, bills, or other happenings at school. Make sure you ask your student.
5. Keep your family informed with the Clarksville School District website at csdar.org and with the monthly KMS newsletter.
6. Students need to be at school everyday unless they are very sick. Also, please try to schedule appointments after school. Students that miss school, miss out.
7. Have fun with you child and encourage learning. Let’s make sure to support each other, and the school. Attitude is important. Keep a positive outlook and so will your child.
I look forward to another awesome year. Please contact me with any questions or concerns 705-3240 8 am to 3:00 pm.